Wednesday 11 April 2012

Tiffany’s 'Because It’s You' Love Rain OST, a view in my own words


Here's our dear Fany looking all glamorous in the April issue of Vogue Girl's Korean publication. Well, I digress, but I'm sure no one here will begrudge me for it right?


Here we have the main focus of this story, the 'Love Rain' OST by Tiffany! Titled 'Because It's You', this is Fany's third foray into an OST by herself. Her previous efforts include 'By Myself' from the 'SBS Princess Ja Myung Go' series and 'Ring' from the 'Haru' series.

I'll leave it to you guys to judge whether this OST is a hit or miss, but here's my take on this track which has awed quite a handful of SONEs (and non-SONEs). Do note that I'm writing this without understanding the lyrics to the song but merely conveying the feelings the song invokes in me.

The moment I heard the intro of the song, I knew I was in for something special.The ballad-esque piano playing coupled with a larger-than-life sounding string ensemble was in short, magical. The way Tiffany performed the song just made me shiver in amazement; the sort of way that you just seem to feel the lyrics instead of understanding it word for word.

Sure, the performance is not perfect, I'll give the critics that much satisfaction. But all you Fanytastics and SONEs out there, don't go bashing this statement just yet. In the music scene where most songs are based around technical perfection in performance, Tiffany's performance shows us something that has been missing from studio performances of late; passion and emotions.

Well, that's enough from me. What is your take on our Fany's performance here? Drop us a comment and tell us what you think! For those of you who wants to listen to the song without the dialog, or with English subtitles, the video may be found below!


SONEs Hwaiting!!!!

Written by: @DripDropBlop

If you have any news or stories you think we should write about, drop us a tweet here or here and we will have a look at it!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SMTown_SNSD

Don't forget to drop us a comment to let us know what you think about this story!

No comments:

Post a Comment